Why you want to work at Forza Football
Forza Football is a team of 45 people from 10 different countries, passionately developing Football applications using the latest technology. We're based in the heart of Gothenburg, Sweden. Our motto is that if the team is feeling well, the company is feeling well. That's why we created what we believe is one of the best ways of working where every employee has the autonomy to create a good balance between work and free time. Our award-winning open office environment has different sound levels across three floors including a gaming room, meditation room, library, ping pong table, shuffle board, ball pit and a smallish football pitch. As with everything, we strive to make the work environment and our products even better, and that's where you come in.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
Football Addicts is looking for Elixir developer to join our amazing team located in central Gothenburg, Sweden.
You will be working on the services that power our ad serving platform and other backend projects. Since we work with many different clients and projects work is varied, there are always possibilities to implement your own ideas.
You will have the benefit of working together with three Elixir Core team members in a team of talented developers and designers dedicated to building great mobile apps for football fans all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are excited to expand our team with diverse talents from different backgrounds and cultures.
Forza Football keeps users up-to-date on their favourite teams and competitions, the app covers over 500 leagues and competitions in 100 countries. The app has over 10 million installs and over 3 million monthly active users, and at peak hours it handles thousands requests per second and sends millions of push notifications. At the moment, our apps have over 4.6 of 5 stars based on over 100k ratings.
We are a small team of developers and designers dedicated to building high quality mobile apps for football fans all over the world. We are in this game for the long term and we will exist for the next 100 years. One day, we will have 300 million users and cover all matches in the world. This way we can truly democratize football with the power of the fans.
Forza Football is bootstrapped and profitable, which means no interference from investors - we have full control over our company and products, and we only build things we are proud of. We keep things simple, we have no middle managers and we avoid lengthy company policies and bureaucracy. Also, all the employees become shareholders after 12 months.
- We think you have good programming skills in Elixir or Erlang (knowledge of Python is a plus).
- You are comfortable in both written and spoken English. We mainly communicate in English to always include those co-workers who don’t know Swedish.
- You are interested in platforms that run at scale and know about caching, message queues and service-oriented architectures. You have probably spent some time setting up and managing Linux servers for your projects. You enjoy being part of a team, you are good at taking responsibility and you are a good communicator.
- We would love to see you have experience with deployment tooling, monitoring, alerting, load testing or live system debugging.
- We believe you are a real team player, creative and responsible person with attention to details and strong communication skills.
- Passion for the craft is something we put high on the list of things we look at, rather than having a strong CV or a diploma, so do try to show that in your application.
- Your choice of computer and gadget setup
- Flexible work hours
- Stimulating work
- Being part of an autonomous team where your opinion matters
- Five weeks paid vacation, unlimited time off
- Amazing parental leave benefits
- No middle managers or unnecessary bureaucracy
- Breakfast every day
- Friday beers
- Ping-pong, shuffleboard, Futchi, meditation room and VR
- Conference visits with all expenses paid
- 10% of work time dedicated to personal projects and self-improvement
- Become a shareholder
- Relocation support
- Visa sponsorship
- One of the best offices around: http://blog.footballaddicts.com/bestoffice
We are really looking forward hearing from you!