Backend developer (Elixir)
Football Addicts is looking for Elixir developer to join our team in central Gothenburg, Sweden.
You will be working on the services that power our ad serving platform and other backend projects. Since we work with many different clients and projects work is varied, there are always possibilities to implement your own ideas.
You will have the benefit of working together with three Elixir Core team members in a team of talented developers and designers dedicated to building great mobile apps for football fans all over the world.
Forza Football keeps users up-to-date on their favourite teams and competitions, has a great coverage of video highlights and many other cool features. The app has over 10 million installs and over 2 million monthly active users, and at peak hours it handles thousands requests per second and sends millions of push notifications.
We are a small team of developers and designers dedicated to building great mobile apps for football fans all over the world.
Football Addicts is bootstrapped and profitable, which means no interference from investors - we have full control over our company and products, and we only build things we are proud of. We keep things simple, we have no middle managers and we avoid lengthy company policies and bureaucracy.
Our office is located in central Gothenburg, Sweden. We offer great benefits like free breakfasts and Friday beers, ping-pong and shuffleboard, parental leave extensions and all the tools you need to do great work.
- We think you have good programming skills in Elixir or Erlang (knowledge of Python is a plus).
- You are comfortable in both written and spoken English. We mainly communicate in English to always include those co-workers who don't know Swedish.
- We do not hire just based on experience with a few specific tools or languages or university degrees. Rather, we want to hire developers who are smart, experienced and self-driven and can learn our tools and adapt quickly to change.
- You are interested in platforms that run at scale and know about caching, message queues and service-oriented architectures. You have probably spent some time setting up and managing Linux servers for your projects. You enjoy being part of a team, you are good at taking responsibility and you are a good communicator.
- We would love to see you have experience with deployment tooling, monitoring, alerting, load testing or live system debugging.
We believe you are a real team player, creative and responsible person with attention to details and strong communication skills.
Passion for the craft is something we put high on the list of things we look at, rather than having a strong CV or a diploma, so do try to show that in your application.
- Your choice of computer setup
- Flexible work hours
- Five weeks paid vacation, unlimited time off
- No middle managers and unnecessary bureaucracy
- Being part of an autonomous team where your opinion matters
- Breakfast every day
- Friday beers
- Conference visits with all expenses paid
- Ping-pong, shuffleboard and VR
- Become a shareholder
- Relocation support
- Visa sponsorship
- Come as you are, we strongly believe in a diverse workplace
- Parental leave benefits
- Read about how we created our new office: http://blog.footballaddicts.com/bestoffice